Amazon.com Job Application
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company, that is based in Seattle, Washington, is a leader in e-commerce. Jeff Bezos founded Amazon in 1995, and since then, the company has taken off and expanded tremendously. Nowadays, Amazon.com offers anything from books to electronics to jewelry.
Hours of Operation: Hours of operation may vary depending on the location
Minimum Age to Work Here: 18 years old
Positions Available: Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative, Paint Recycling Specialist, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager
Background Check Required? Yes
Negotiation: The hourly rate is set so there is no need to negotiate for the salary.
Job Description / Average Wages
Technical Program Manager: As a Technical Program Manager, your main goal will be to lead and manage program development of different software apps, services, platforms, systems, and technologies. You will need to oversee the complete development life cycle from design to release. In this field, someone can expect to make around $98,000 dollars a year.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 2 years experience in Technical Programmer position
Area Manager: In an area manager position, your main goal will be to develop performance goals and objectives to achieve customer expectations and to ensure accuracy and quality. You will need to be able to lead and develop a team of Amazon Associates. You will be responsible for ensuring all procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention. Continuously improving processes and procedures is something else an Area Manager is expected to do. As an Area Manager, you can expect to make somewhere between $60,000 to $65,000 annually.
- A completed BS/BA Degree is required
- Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Adept at analytical work and the ability to motivate others in a deadline-driven environment
- Basic understanding of Lean and Six Sigma
- Candidates must be able to work weekends and/or overnight shifts
- US Citizens and Permanent Residents only
Executive Assistant: Your main focus will be management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements. Also, you will need to track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items. You will be acting as a liaison for direct reports. Travel coordination and participating in planning of group event will also be expected. The average yearly salary for an Executive Assistant is around $50,000.
- Minimum of five years of experience assisting at the executive level in a fast-paced environment
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and SharePoint are desired
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and dealing with people
- Detailed planning, time management and organizational skills are required
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- A choice of three medical plans designed to meet your individual needs (several in-network and out-of-network options), with domestic partner coverage
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Company-paid basic life and accident coverage as well as optional coverage at a low cost
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability plan
- Employee assistance program including dependent-care referral services and financial/legal services
- Health-care and dependent-care flexible spending accounts
- Salaried employees earn two weeks of vacation time in the first year, three weeks of vacation in the second
- Hourly employees earn 40 hours of vacation time in the first year, 80 hours in the second
- Six personal days every year in addition to six holidays
- Every full-time Amazon employee receives Amazon Restricted Stock Units
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Fully furnished, temporary housing, which will include maid service, utilities, and parking
- Storage for your personal items
- Packing, Unpacking, and moving of your personal goods and car
- Rental or real-estate tours to assist you with finding a new residence
- A rental car until your personal car arrives
- Relocation allowance to assist you with incidental expenses
- Payment of part of the tax liability incurred with most of your taxable relocation expenses
Atmosphere and Perks
Working with Amazon requires you to be environmental friendly as well. You have the opportunity to deal with different people whom you shared common interest. There are a lot of rooms for you to develop your career with the help of your co-workers and your superiors. Working in this company will give your career a stride towards personal and professional development. You will also have the benefits for your health and retirement and also free training for you to perform well in your job.
Can you cite the reasons why you want to work in this company?
Describe how you will handle difficulties in life.
Why doo you think the company should hire you?
What are future career plans?
Will you be able to excel in your work? How?
Describe your ability to handle tasks while you are under pressure.
How do you deal with difficult customers and superiors?
Will you be able to perform as a team player?
When will you be available to work here?
After filling up the online application for employment, you will be called for an interview. Once you are called for an interview, you must feel lucky for not everyone will have the chance to be interviewed by the company. Answer questions tactfully and make sure to show how sincere you are by looking at the interviewer when you converse with him. Be well dressed and do not show any unpleasant language during the interview. Make sure to prove that you have the ability to handle difficult things especially that of handling customers.
Wait for a call that you are hired or not. You can as well do some follow up with your application but make sure not to pester the company with your calls being done too often.
How to Apply
If a career at Amazon seems like the right choice for you, then visit Amazon Careers to view all open positions in your area. From there, you can apply sign up and apply online from that link.